Subscribe on iTunes, and Stitcher.
Part 2: Getting in the zone–Mental Skills Training for Enhanced Baseball Performance
Looking for the Long Toss and Arm Care episode? Click Here!
This is a tremendous episode with Alan Jaeger. Alan discusses the importance of developing your process and getting into the zone. This is a longer episode, as was the former, so I’m not gonna delay your listening enjoyment! In this episode we cover:
- How exactly to tap into the magical powers found, and get immersed in “the ZONE”
- How to shut out the external world so you can focus on your process.
- Find YOUR process no matter if you are a pitcher, fielder or any other sport athlete.
- How to push “the clouds” of distraction out of your way and get into FLOW.
- Listen to Alan describe his process as a baseball player, hear him help me with my process so you can develop your own process.
- How to prepare yourself to get rid of the common factors that inhibit you from reaching flow.
- How to detach yourself from outcome, as the player or the coach.
- And much more!
Click Here! to Get Alan’s book on Mental Skills Training, pick up some fancy “J-bands” and perfect your Long Tossing.
Interested in the science of getting into Flow? Pick up Steven Kotler’s book, “The Rise of Superman.”
Have you gotten into flow yet? Tell me your greatest flow story! I was 12, playing local basketball…I couldn’t miss a shot. I literally pulled up just across half-court and drained shots over and over–I was unstoppable. If you haven’t reached flow lately, what do you think is blocking you the most? Leave a comment.