Meet Christian Helsel–NCAA Division 1 Baseball player. Christian was one of my patients during this past year [I have permission to tell you that 😉 ]. Christian had a UCL (Ulnar Collateral Ligament) reconstruction or “Tommy John” repair on his throwing elbow. In this episode, Christian talks about:
- the pain he had leading up to his Tommy John tear
- his expectations and MISCONCEPTIONS about surgery
- his physical therapy and Tommy John rehab experience
- the challenges that he endured
- and the success he is now having….closing in on throwing 300ft.
Do you have questions for Christian? Questions regarding UCL/Tommy John Reconstructions? Leave a comment below.
Do you know someone who would benefit from hearing this? Share it!