Previously drafted by the Detroit Tigers and having UCL/Tommy John surgery by Dr. James Andrews, Phil Rosengren, now currently a pitching instructor is here help you reach your goals as a pitcher. In this episode we dive into:
- Why mechanics are NOT the end-all, be-all when it comes to pitching velocity and arm health
- What was different about UCL rehab “then,” compared to now
- Why you cannot think about your mechanics when you’re standing on the mound
- Why you have a stronger arm and can throw harder after Tommy John surgery
- How to develop a greater mind-body connection that will allow you to throw more strikes
- Why you should never make comments to correct your child’s/ players mechanics while they are pitching
- The correct way to throw a 12-6 curve ball and make batters look like fools
- The difference between a curve ball and a knuckle curve ball, and how to throw each for maximum effect and elbow protection
- And much, much more
Check out Phil’s Curve Ball Mastery Course. Click here.
How were you taught to throw the curve ball? Is it as effective as you would like? Leave me and Phil a comment below. Don’t forget to check out Phil’s Curve ball Mastery course–he’s getting great results with it, and you could be the next curve ball star in your league!